Par: 69 Length: 6049 yards
Golf began in Invergordon in 1893 with 9 holes at Rosskeen. Strange as it may seem, golf could only be played there during the spring and winter because the course was laid out on arable land and the grass cutting machines of the time couldn’t cope with the amount of growth in summer and autumn. In 1921 a 9 hole course was opened on land now occupied by Invergordon Distillery and Seabank housing. The course extended to border Joss Street in the town. At the outbreak of the Second World War, the government took over the course and built a camp of Nissen huts to house the armed forces stationed in Invergordon. The golf club was given £5,000 by way of compensation and this money was used to build a 9 hole course in the grounds of Invergordon’s former castle. Seven of those holes survive as part of our present 18 hole course which opened in 1996.
- Bar / catering
- Club hire available
- No H'cap Certificate Req'd
- Trolleys available
- Buggies available
Invergordon Golf club is very accessible. We are only a half hour drive from Inverness. Take the A9 north and follow signs for Invergordon.
Alternatively you can come by train as we are only minutes from the station.